The FIBA World Cup 2023 is on the horizon, slated to kick off on August 25. After various warm-up matches, teams honed their strategies and prepared for the group stages.
Over the past weeks, we’ve garnered valuable insights into the potential contenders for the world championship title in mid-September. The favorites are emerging, the underdogs are making their case, and standout players are beginning to shine.
The FIBA World Cup odds are locked in for the teams and the individual players. Let’s delve into the odds for each team’s triumph in the upcoming FIBA World Cup.
FIBA World Cup 2023 Odds and Betting Tips
The Overall Favorites
- Team USA – 1/1
Team USA steps onto the court as the reigning favorite to recapture the world championship crown. Boasting a roster of NBA talent, the American team is poised to demonstrate its prowess as the tournament advances.
- Canada – 4/1
Right on the heels of Team USA, the Canadian national team takes the stage. With NBA stars like Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Dillon Brooks, Canada is anticipated to pose a strong challenge throughout the tournament.
- Slovenia – 9/1
When your roster includes the tournament’s standout player, you automatically become a dark horse. With Luka Doncic in their ranks, Slovenia could spring a surprise and contend for the championship.
- France – 10/1
The French national team has showcased commendable form during their pre-tournament matches. As the competition unfolds, they aim for a deep run in the championship.
- Australia & Spain – 11/1
The Australian and Spanish teams enter with odds of 11/1 to clinch the championship. Although they lack marquee superstars, they have the advantage of NBA players and a wealth of international experience
FIBA World Cup Group Odds
Here’s a look at the odds-on favorites to top their respective FIBA World Cup groups:
- Group A Dominican Republic – 9/2
- Group B Serbia – 1/7
- Group C Team USA – 1/10
- Group D Lithuania – 1/4
- Group E Australia – 8/11 Germany – 13/10
- Group F Slovenia – 1/12
- Group G Spain – 3/10
- Group H Canada – 8/11 France – 10/11
FIBA World Cup Individual Player Odds
At the tournament’s conclusion, one player will be crowned MVP. Here are the odds for the frontrunners to claim this coveted individual award:
- Jalen Brunson – 5/1
- Anthony Edwards – 5/1
- Brandon Ingram – 6/1
- Tyrese Haliburton – 8/1
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander – 9/1
- Mikal Bridges – 10/1
- Luka Doncic – 12/1
- Josh Giddey – 20/1
Changing FIBA World Cup Odds
Betting odds are dynamic and subject to change based on team performances. As teams exceed or fall short of expectations, odds will adjust to mirror their likelihood of triumph or a player’s MVP chances.
However, both Team USA and Canada are set to be prime contenders throughout the event. They’ll remain the frontrunners as long as they’re in contention.
Pinnacle Players and Teams of the FIBA Basketball World Cup
While some prominent names might need to be added to the action, there’s a wealth of talent to focus on.
Numerous teams have fielded their top-tier players, ensuring a high caliber of basketball. As the world’s elite squads converge, the anticipation is electric. For those seeking a more immersive experience, engaging with Basketball World Cup betting offers a chance to be part of the excitement.
- Italy showcases talents like Simone Fontecchio, Achille Polonara, and Nicolo Melli.
- Serbia boasts names like Marko Guduric, Nikola Milutinov, and Bogdan Bogdanovic.
- USA enters the fray with a lineup including Anthony Edwards, Jalen Brunson, Brandon Ingram, and Jaren Jackson Jr.
- Lithuania presents Jonas Valančiūnas, Rokas Jokubaitis, and Ignas Brazdeikis.
- Germany fields Dennis Schroder, Daniel Theis, Maodo Lo, Moritz Wagner, and Franz Wagner.
- Australia showcases talents like Patty Mills, Joe Ingles, and Josh Giddey.
- Slovenia features Luka Doncic, Mike Tobey, and Klemen Prepelic.
- Spain puts forward Rudy Fernandez, Willy Hernangomez, and Alex Abrines.
- Canada relies on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, R.J. Barrett, and Dillon Brooks.
- France counts on Rudy Gobert, Evan Fournier, and Nando de Colo.
Best Sportsbook for FIBA World Cup Betting
100%Welcome Bonus Up to$500. Terms and conditions apply. 18+.
FIBA World Cup Betting Market
Single Game Betting
For instance, consider the Canada vs. France group stage game (odds as of August 22):
- Point Spread: France is a 2-point favorite (-2) against Canada (+2). France needs to win by at least 3 points for spread bets on them to pay out. Bets on Canada +2 would pay out if Canada wins or loses by 1 point. If France wins by exactly 2 points, spread bets would push.
- Moneyline: France is a -124 favorite, meaning a $124 bet on France would win $100 (payout $224). Canada is a +104 underdog, so a $100 bet on Canada would win $104 (payout $204).
- Total: The total is set at 167.5 points. If 168 or more points are scored, overbets win; if 167 or fewer points are scored, underbets win.
OKBet offers various FIBA Basketball World Cup futures betting lines. Categories include group betting, player performance, elimination stage, team performance, and outright winner futures. As of August 22, here are the odds for tournament winners:
- Team USA: Significant favorite
How to Bet on the FIBA Basketball World Cup Online
Here’s a quick three-step guide to betting on the Basketball World Cup online:
Step 1: Join OKbet. Click the provided link, select ‘Join Now,’ and complete the sign-up form to create your account.
Step 2: Log in to your OKbet account and select ‘Deposit’. Choose your payment method, enter the amount, and follow the instructions. OKBet accepts Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Gcash, and Paymaya.
Step 3: Place Your Bets Now it’s time to place your FIBA World Cup bets:
- Click ‘Sports’ in the top menu bar.
- Open the ‘Basketball’ dropdown menu and select ‘FIBA’ or ‘Basketball Futures’ to find your desired bet.
- Choose the odds of your desired wager to add to your Bet Slip.
- To place your wager, input your stake on the Bet Slip and then click ‘Place Bet’ to finalize it.