Al Nassr will be looking to register back-to-back wins in the Saudi Pro League for the first time this season when they play host to Al Shabab at Al-Awwal Park on Tuesday.
After winning the Arab Club Champions Cup, Luis Castro’s men kicked off their league campaign with a couple of defeats. However, Cristiano Ronaldo and co. have since bounced back – booking a place in the AFC Champions League group stage by beating Shabab Al-Ahli of UAE, 4-2, before a 5-0 victory over Al-Fateh in the Saudi League.
While Al-Nassr is a long way from last season’s champions and current leaders Al-Ittihad, Al-Shabab has their own struggles to overcome as Marcel Keizer’s side will avoid extending their overall unbeaten run to five games following a 1-1 draw with Damac.
Here is a look at the key players for both teams
- Cristiano Ronaldo: The Portuguese superstar is the main man for Al Nassr and will be looking to add to his tally of five goals in his last two games.
- Sadio Mane: The Senegalese forward has also been in good form, scoring four goals in his last four appearances.
- Marcelo Brozovic: The Croatian midfielder is the key to Al Nassr’s midfield and will be looking to control the game against Al Shabab.
- Ever Banega: The Argentine midfielder is the creative force for Al Shabab and will be looking to create chances for the strikers.
- Habib Diallo: The Senegalese striker is Al Shabab’s top scorer with four goals this season.
- Fahad Al-Muwallad: The winger is a threat on the counter-attack and will be looking to cause problems for Al Nassr’s defense.
The match is expected to be a close affair, with both teams having something to prove. Al Nassr will be looking to build on their recent good form, while Al Shabab will be hoping to end their unbeaten run.
The match will be played at Al-Awwal Park in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and will kick off at 7 p.m. BST on Tuesday. The game will be available to watch live on DAZN and Shahid.
Prediction: Al Nassr 2-1 Al Shabab